ALL CAL-AM MANUFACTURED HOUSING & RECREATIONAL VEHICLE COMMUNITIES AND CORONAVIRUS
Dear Residents & Guests: Cal-Am Properties, Inc. (“Cal-Am”) hopes that you are doing as well as possible during this Coronavirus pandemic. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that Cal-Am has received actual or anecdotal evidence that residents residing in communities owned or operated by Cal-Am have been diagnosed with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). All such residents are hereby instructed not to enter community common area facilities and to self-quarantine to avoid spreading the virus to others. As you know, manufactured housing and recreational vehicle communities have significant populations living in somewhat close quarters. Additionally, many of our communities have a high population of 55+ residents. Because of this, we ask that you comply with all of the following:
Follow all CDC recommendations regarding the Coronavirus. You can review the CDC’s recommendations and information at www.cdc.gov. These include (but are not limited to):
- Cleaning your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in public and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; or if soap and water are not readily available, using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands, and rubbing them together until they feel dry;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoiding close contact with others—stay at least 6 feet away from other persons;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Put distance between yourself and others, particularly if you are at higher risk of getting very sick;
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow;
- Throw used tissues in the trash;
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer as set forth above;
- Wear a facemask if you are sick and around other people;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily (including but not limited to tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks);
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them, using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Do not congregate anywhere in the community; follow all CDC and White House guidelines regarding social distancing;
Effective immediately, all leasing and other offices in Cal-Am communities are “no contact” offices (meaning no physical, in-person contact). All communication with the office must be done via telephone or e-mail. Do not enter the community office. For rent payments, pay online if available in your community. There will also be a drop-box for rent payments outside of the office at each community. Please place your check for rent and utilities in an envelope with your space number on it and place it in the drop-box. Alternatively, you may mail your rent and utility check to the leasing office. Please feel free to call your office for assistance.
If you become sick, you must self-quarantine. Failure to do so poses a threat to the health, safety, and welfare of others. Additionally, you should contact the applicable health organizations, including but not limited to the CDC and/or your local Department of Health.
Cal-Am’s communities and all residents therein must remain vigilant and follow all government guidelines to avoid the spread of Coronavirus. We are all in this together—we do not want our residents to become ill and are hopeful that the spread of the virus can be avoided if everyone does their part. You are an important part of the Cal-Am family. Please stay safe and feel free to contact your management team (via telephone, mail, or e-mail) with questions.
Sincerely, Cal-Am Properties, Inc.